J.Z. Weston writes short stories and reviews novellas, with a soft spot for contemporary/urban fantasy. They are particularly fascinated by the ways that stories help us figure out how to be human. You can count on them to have too many projects on their knitting needles, too many stories in process at the same time, and more ideas that any one person could ever hope to implement.
They have worked as a librarian, a book seller, a historical interpreter, a life coach, and a freelance writer. They were born in New York, but fled for Boston as soon as they were able to, and have lived by the Charles River ever since.
- Modern Magic, “Melting Snow”
- Cat Ladies of the Apocalypse, “A Witch for the Chrome Furies”
- Enchanted Conversations Magazine, “Tell the Moon Your Troubles”
I have interviewed several authors for Interstellar Flight Press.
- Jordan Kurella, author of I Never Liked You Anyway
- Randee Dawn, author of Tune in Tomorrow
- Tiffany Meuret, author of Little Bird
- Benjamin Rosenbaum, author of The Unraveling
- S.T. Gibson, author of Dowry of Blood
- Novellas: You can find my review column, Noteworthy Novellas, at Luna Station Quarterly
- TV: Review of Motherland: Fort Salem
- Luna Luna, “To Be a Witch“
- The Phoenix Soul’s blog
- Featured in Tiny Buddha’s Guide to Loving Yourself
- esperanza: Spring 2015